The Role Summary
In this senior position, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the in-house technical team delivering events on a daily basis. The role also includes the management of key accounts and large events at the venue in an operational capacity. Operational and financial reporting and maintaining a close liaison with the SW19 based d&b events team to ensure smooth delivery of larger projects on site. The successful candidate will work closely with the Venue Account Manager in winning new work for the Venue.
Extensive experience within a range of event scales and genres with excellent people management skills, the ability to work closely with clients, and a practical technical understanding of the latest production technologies and processes within the live events sector. Experience managing relationships with a venue as an in-house supplier.
Driven, motivated and enthusiastic, working closely with the d&b senior management team to develop an established brand and promote a fresh, contemporary delivery mechanism. A team leader, with skills to motivate your support team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaison with clients, attend client meetings and show rounds.
- Preparation and administration of documents relating to the delivery of events including floor plans, equipment lists, crew schedules, schematics and all other associated documents and processes.
- Liaison with venue operations departments, and 3rd party suppliers
- Creation of 2D floor plans, set designs and additional supporting documents
- Accurate entering of information into our hire management and CRM systems.
- Close liaison with other members of the WL team on wider WL strategy.
- An understanding of the wider client account and the ability to connect with both internal and external teams to ensure a joined up approach to the wide variety of services WL offers.
- Delivery of projects within budget constraints, working with Sales teams to ensure accurate budgeting and ensuring satisfactory commercial performance of events
- Line Management of technicians at the site.
- Proven IT skills, including use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access applications and PowerPoint). Working knowledge of an internal e-mail system and electronic diary is essential.
- Previous experience of managing a team of staff in the technical delivery of events
- Previous experience of multi-level quotations and proposals including supporting documents such as floor plans and set designs
- Previous experience in a technical Venue delivery role
- Very strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Financial acumen and understanding the responsibility of a Technical Manager in ensuring the profitability of event delivery.
- Commercial awareness and experience dealing with a multi stakeholder environment
- General understanding/awareness of venue service provision and practical event practices.
Personal Competencies and Behaviours
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels.
- Highly effective at relating to others and working as a member of a team.
- Deadline conscious and highly organised with the ability to prioritise and multi-task whilst managing a challenging workload and meeting strict deadlines.
- Willing and flexible approach, with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent time management and planning skills, forward thinking and able to add value.
d&b Policies and Core Values;
- To work alongside the members of other teams and communicate effectively
- To learn about the company and its activities in order to understand and deal with the customers
- Maintain d&b confidentiality at all times
- To represent the company in a courteous and appropriate manner in all circumstances
- To follow correct procedures at all times and to follow the policies laid out in the staff handbook
- An awareness of health and safety policies, risk assessments and be proactive in implementing them.
- To carry out your duties and responsibilities in a manner that reflects the Core Values of White Light at all times