The Role Summary
This role involves the day to day management and administration of d&b’s brand new Immersive Technology Experience Centre. You will be required to organise the available resources and ensuring that opportunities for use of the centre are maximised according to priorities.
You will be responsible for ‘meeting & greeting’ visitors to the centre from all areas of the Event Technology sector including high level clients as well as visitors from a technical background.
The successful applicant will liaise internally with the centre’s own staff, colleagues throughout d&b including the financial, business development and event production departments, as well as externally with clients and their customers. The need to adapt to sensitivities involving different departments of d&b’s business and its clients is of particular importance. Accuracy, diplomacy and a high standard of commercial literacy and presentation are an essential attribute for this responsible role that interfaces with every corner of our business.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Resource organisation and allocation
- Communication with internal staff and clients to establish bookings
- Liaising with management & staff of the Science Museum, a large publicly-attended organisation, regarding all aspects of the running of the centre within their property
- Ensuring provision of catering, consumables and other appropriate services as required
- Ensuring compliance of the centre, its staff and practices with all safeguarding, health & safety and d&b’s own practices and procedures
- Administrative maintenance of the centre as a remote department of d&b group
Technical Skills – The applicant will:
- Possess proven IT skills, including use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel and PowerPoint). The ability to maximise the effective use of internal communications and electronic diaries is essential.
- Be capable of and ideally experienced in, organising personnel diaries, physical resources and time allocation.
- Ideally have previous experience in a client-facing/customer service/relationship communications role.
- Possess financial acumen, budget setting skills and an awareness of working to targets.
- Have a general understanding and awareness in the area of technical production and today’s immersive technology.
Personal Competencies and Behaviours
- A person who is highly organised as a key trait of their personal and working life will be well-suited to this role.
- This role will involve a high level of face to face interaction with clients & colleagues
- The applicant will be a perfectionist in written accuracy, presentation and the art of client relations.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels, relating to others and working as a member of a team.
- Willing and flexible approach, with the ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent time management and planning skills, forward thinking and able to add value.
- Resilient and adaptable to change.
d&b solutions Key Policies and Core Values;
- To work alongside the members of other teams and communicate effectively
- To learn about the company and its activities in order to understand and deal with the customers(internal and external)
- Maintain d&b confidentiality at all times
- To represent the company in a courteous and appropriate manner in all circumstances
- To follow correct procedures at all times and to follow the policies laid out in the staff handbook
- An acute awareness of health and safety policies, risk assessments and proactivity in implementing them in a publicly accessible location
- To ensure all decisions and work practices consider the social and environmental impact
- To carry out your duties and responsibilities in a manner that reflects the Core Values of d&b solutions at all times