About the Role
Responsible for leading and developing a strong culture of H&S awareness, engagement and compliance that aligns with the values of d&b solutions. This will include strategies for continuous improvement and peer accountability for H&S at all levels of the organisation and across all work locations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for reducing hazards and ensuring a safe working environment for all.
- Design, deliver and lead initiatives to promote proactive safety attitudes and behaviour, ensuring that safety is an integral part of our company culture.
- Providing practical advice and assistance to help teams create and maintain risk assessments, procedures, and safe systems of work.
- Ensuring the company Health & Safety policy, arrangements and other related documents are kept up-to-date and relevant.
- Produce monthly Health and safety reports for the Management Team and an annual report for the entire company.
- Conduct site visits, report on and distribute findings and ensure follow-up actions are completed.
- Conduct audits of work locations, practises, and processes to identify potential safety hazards.
- Carry out investigations into incidents and record the findings through the appropriate system.
- Overall administration of the incident reporting system.
- Contact point for external H&S consultants, regulatory bodies, and other specialist advisors.
- Keep up to date with changes in current legislation and advise Senior Managers of any relevant changes.
- Contact Senior Managers if situations are found that require immediate rectification or the stopping of any operation.
- Attend all departmental Health & Safety Committee meetings as well as monthly Management meetings when required.
- Ensure and promote good health and safety communications between management and employees.
- Ensure that an adequate programme of training for Health and safety is provided and that a safety culture is encouraged throughout the company.
- Assist with H&S requirements of tendering documents.
- Act as the main contact for HSE and Local Authorities with regard to inspections, visits and reporting under RIDDOR.
- Always set a personal example by following all safety requirements and procedures and using correct personal protective clothing and equipment.
Personal Competencies and Behaviours:
- Proven experience of H&S governance and management.
- Industry experience in Events, Entertainment, Broadcast or Concert touring.
- Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines.
- Good written communication skills with the ability to produce clear reports and develop relevant policies.
- Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to engage with stakeholders across all levels of the organisation.
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment.
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability.
- Valid qualification in occupational health and safety.
- Well-developed training, coaching, mentoring skills.
Key Policies and Core Values:
- To work alongside the members of other teams and communicate effectively.
- To learn about the company and its activities to understand and deal with the customers.
- Always maintain d&b solutions confidentiality.
- To represent the company in a courteous, friendly, and appropriate manner in all circumstances.
- To always follow correct procedures and follow the policies laid out in the staff handbook.
- Adhere to and demonstrate knowledge of health and safety matters about work-related tasks and ensure that relevant Health and Safety guidelines are always adhered to.
- To carry out your duties and responsibilities in a manner that always reflects the Core Values of d&b solutions.