This role is expected to cover maternity leave of approximately 12 months.
The Role Summary
The ELP Warehouse Technician will assist in the smooth running of the ELP warehouse, as well as the operational side of ELP as a whole, helping the team meet the d&b solutions standards. This role will have specific responsibility for the maintenance and preparation of ELP Broadcast equipment, and the dispatch and returns process. The role covers the warehouse, and equipment delivery, collection van driving will be required. ELP Broadcast is the trading name of this division of d&b solutions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The preparation and maintenance of ELP equipment
- To assist in the preparation of kit ensuring all equipment is managed onto and off the hiring system
- To ensure that any damaged or missing items returning from hires are reported to relevant parties.
- Assisting in pre-rigging ELP department jobs.
- To maintain and uphold a tidy working environment at all times
- Open and close warehouse, with relevant responsibilties.
- To ensure all paperwork is kept up to date (Picking Lists, X-Hire PO’s).
- To follow correct procedures at all times and to follow the policies laid out by d&b solutions.
- You will have an understanding that much of the work is physical and manual however, you will also require good knowledge of standard IT packages (Word, Outlook and Windows)
The jobholder MUST have a positive, pro-active and friendly attitude towards work and colleagues, and a tidy and organised work approach is essential.
- Proven IT skills, including use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access applications and PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge of an internal e-mail system and electronic diary is essential.
- Experience of Broadcast and Events equipment, and maintenance.
- Previous experience in a Workshop or Operational role.
- Very strong attention to detail, and accuracy.
- An interest in Broadcast and Events equipment would be advantageous.
- Previous experience of prepping equipment, Hire and X-Hire procedures would be advantageous.
- General understanding, and awareness, of Health and Safety Policies.
- Able to drive and hold a driving licence up to 3.5T panel Van
Personal Competencies and Behaviours:
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels, relating to others and working as a member of a team.
- Very strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Deadline conscious and highly organised with the ability to prioritise and multi-task, to manage a challenging workload and to meet strict deadlines.
- Willing and flexible approach, with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent time management and planning skills, forward thinking and able to add value
- Happy working alone when required
- Ability to answer office phones, speak to customers and relay any relevant information to ELP project managers
d&b solutions policies and Core Values;
- Maintain d&b solutions confidentiality at all times
- To represent the company in a courteous and appropriate manner in all circumstances
- To follow correct procedures at all times and to follow the policies laid out in the staff handbook
- Adhere to and demonstrate knowledge of health and safety matters in relation to work related tasks and ensure that relevant Health and Safety guidelines are adhered to at all times
- To carry out your duties and responsibilities in a manner that reflects the Core Values of d&b solutions at all times
- Apart from the duties summarised in this job description, we retain the right in consultation with the post holder to include other reasonable duties, which are part of, and incidental to, this type of work.